Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Health Fair

Today we had a health fair at work. This fair included testing and prizes. Along with free pens and snacks I won this! Here are my results:


Glucose: 86-good

Body Mass Index: 21.8-good

Grip Strength R: 30 L: 28-good (60% percentile!)

Blood Pressure: 110/78-good

Cholesterol: 252-what?


RN: Are you pregnant?

TE: No

RN: A person with your stats should be under 200. Do you have history of high cholesterol?

TE: I don't think so?

RN: Has anyone in your family had a heart attack?

TE: My dad.

RN: You need to call your doctor and get a lipid profile. This is high enough that you might need a prescription. If it's genetic even eating more healthy won't help very much.


Great. Thanks Dad. I don't eat meat hardly ever, but I also don't jump at the chance of eating raw veggies. I guess I'd better stop smoking and limit my alcohol intake, oh yea, and start excercising again. Argh.

5 comments:

SaRah G. said...

good results!
i cut it last summer, and it has grown like a weed!! it is long again!!

Jessica said...

That bites about the cholesterol, so unfair.

Janelle said...

Bogus! Happy be-lated birthday, hope it was a good one!

Tara Jayne said...

wow, I guess that means I could have high cholesterol too. Good thing I don't go to the doctor, so I'll never know. He he he

Morgan said...

Are you sure you're not pregnant?

I'm just sayin'. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...