Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reminiscing

Last night as I went to go look over and edit our budget, I came across some old journals I had on my zip drive. They dated 2003. It brought me back to how good I used to be at writing in my journal. I would write every week without fail. It was nice because my sister was on her mission so I'd just copy and paste her my journal entries. It made it very nice. I got caught up reading my entries from High School, that I didn't even get to the budget! I wrote about my crush, Dance Company, drama at work, deaths and everything in between. There are about 100 entries and I only read 30 or so. The time snuck up on me, and before I knew it I was way past my bedtime. I wanted to stay up and read them all, they were so enthralling! I left them up so I can continue where I left off last night. This really got me thinking how I need to be better at writing in my journal. It seemed dumb at the time, but reading them now is so interesting! It brings back so many memories of how my life used to be. I was so good! I was on Dance Company and I would wake up and work out every morning before school too. Wow. My new goal: writing in my journal every week. I think for me it's easier to write on the computer, since I'm always on it anyway. I do have journals from college, but reading them now I wish I would've written more often. I wrote about meeting Ryan, but not much after we've been married. It's sad. I want to encourage everyone to start or continue writing in journals, whether it be on blogs or paper.

3 comments:

Tara Jayne said...

You know what Oscar Wilde said (via a female character in "the importance of being earnest") "I always carry my diary with me, one should always have something sensational to read on the train."

One of my goals is to write in my journal, too. I have absolutely no documentation of my dating of Johnny. Sad.

SaRah G. said...

I love reading old journals!! I like remembering the past, and how it used to be! That's cool that they are on your computer!! Forget budgets!! Read about the good ol' days! =)

The Carroll's said...

I too once wrote in my journal before marriage. Now I never write in it. I don't even know where it is at since we havent even unpacked all of the boxes since w e moved last.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...