Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's! Or is it?...


Yesterday at work some girls and I decided to play an April Fool's joke on our managers. We were going to tell them we were all pregnant. At different times we all sent them an email. We were pretty sure that they wouldn't believe us, but it was fun enough. Today after feeling guilty and realizing we were frustrating our director, we went into her office to tell the truth. Much to our surprise she was mad. She said that this was not funny and that they had already lined up 4 interviews and she thought they were sending the emails today. She told us to shut the door and continued to chastise us. She called Shane in HR and he said he'd already sent out the emails. She told us to leave and went to talk with Shane. Walking back to our desks everyone wondered how it went. We told them she was mad! After talking about it we thought it was a joke. C'mon, how would they have already interviewed 4 people when we just told them yesterday we were pregnant. A few minutes later she calles me and Aubree into her office. After closing the door and sitting down, she, our supervisor and trainer tell us it was a joke, but they wanted to keep playing it off for the other 2 girls. They said that they're going to pretend to fire us because we're not elligible for FMLA. They gave us boxes and told us to pack up our things and she'd take away our badges in front of everyone. She told us to walk out and wait in the conference room while she called the other 2 girls in. Trying very hard to keep a straight face we walked out and started packing up. One of the other girls didn't believe me, but I kept my face stern and continued to pack. Aubree and I walked out into the hall with our boxes and waited...moments later our supervisor came out and told us that they were freaked out. She said they stood up for us and said, "it was my idea, fire me, not them!" CLASSIC! Walking back to our office our whole department was standing and amazed at everything that had just took place. What a great April Fool's Day! Not only that but our director felt like being nice and is letting us go home 30 minutes early. She also bought everyone pizza! Who did you guys fool today?

4 comments:

The Carroll's said...

HA HA HA that is so funny! Good times!

I once told my Grandparents (when I was in 1st grade) that I kicked a kid and got sent to the principals office. They were so mad at me, but when I said 'April fool's' they got even madder and said that that joke isn't something you joke about and i got into trouble!!!! Since then I really haven't told jokes on Fool's day!

Silvia and Steven said...

:o) wow! that's so funny. . . I don't think I fooled anyone. And so far your april fools joke is the best i've heard so far. Oh and that is great about google! It'll be fun to see how it works out.

Janelle said...

Love it! I've always wanted to have a good prank. Way to live up the holiday!

John-n-Mel said...

That's hilarious Teandra! That's one for the books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...