Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

St George

I was so lucky to be able to get a ride down to St George with the Jenson's, since Ryan was already in Vegas. Look at this cutie:


My parents were there as well since my mom had a work conference. I had a volunteer meeting Friday night then I went out to eat with my parents and Grandma. My grandma's favorite place is Golden Coral. We loaded up on food. Grandma told us that Grandpa used to always get a root beer float. So we ate some in his honor.



Isn't my dad cute!? Love him.

We stopped by my Aunt's house on the way home and my cousin showed me all the outfits she has for her cat. It was hysterical! My new goal is to get one of our cats in something like that. Can you imagine???!!! Hilarious.  




My old Bishop (he served when we got married) and his wife are serving a mission in St George so we stopped by the Visitor's Center hoping to see them. They were there! It just so happened to be  Elder/Bishop Sorenson's birthday! This couple is great. They call each ward member on their birthdays and sing to them. He has a great voice, by the way, and plays the trombone. He directed the music in our stake musical years ago when we did "The Music Man." I danced with their granddaughter on Dance Company in High School too. Sister Sorenson kept calling him dear, sweety, and honey, and had to keep correcting it to Elder, it was funny.








My grandma's church is the one right across from the Temple. It's so neat that my mom got to grow up so close to it and I so close to Jordan River. What a blessing it is to live in Utah! 

If you know my dad you know he's handy. He can literally do/make/fix/create/remodel/build anything!! 
He's remodeled his house twice, built their shed, his garage, landscaped our yard, built the deck, tiled the house, not to mention he's a mechanic so he keeps all our vehicles/toys/mowers in tip-top shape. Just to name a few. He's also a plumber, electrician, etc. You name it, he can do it!!! He's pretty much amazing. They say some women will marry a man like their dad. I really did. Ryan's just as great.

 Every time my dad visits grandma she's got a project for him. This time she wanted her front porch tiled. He spent the whole weekend doing it and it turned out great! She loves it.



My dad took these pictures for us right before we left in front of the famous picture wall.


P.S. Ryan and I both have tons of family in St George. My mom went to High School with his dad and our grandparents knew each other. Small world. It's always fun to visit.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I didn't know the Sorenson's were down there. I LOVE those guys! I also didn't realize Ryan's dad went to school with your mom. I don't know if you remember, but my dad went to school with her, too. His mom was the secretary at the High School. I'm sure they would all know each other.

One of my favorite trips to visit family in St. George when I was younger was when you guys were down for a visit at the same time, so I got to hang out with Toni in St. George.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...