Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our love fern! You let it die!

quick! Name that movie. Yes, I know it's not a fern, but it was sent with love and for "love day" so that's what it's called and yes, I let it die!

I left it at work over the weekend against my better judgement. But in reality the instructions did say put more plant food in on the 3rd day, but it was too late for that.

I guess i take after my mother because we both tend to kill roses. She's tried planting them in her yard but they always die. Supposedly, roses are very hard to kill. Ha! I say. Although mine were already headed downhill the moment they were delivered.

What are your tips/suggestions for keeping flowers alive?
Share your stories!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!!! Love it! I kill flowers too.

Tom & Rain said...

I love that movie too! My tip: take the roses home, hehe.

But I will probably kill mine in a few days here too.

Kristi said...

I love that movie! I always put flowers in Sprite instead of water if I have it on hand, it seems to make them last a lot longer and blossom evenly.

The Godfreys said...

Well I dont know about gardening, but I do know with roses in a vase will last longer if you cut the ends at an angle everyday or so.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

That is one movie quote I use OFTEN in our home. I always kill my roses too and that's exactly what I say to Jonathan. At least we can find humor in the fact that we can't keep those lovely roses in bloom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...