Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The gimp

I get a text from Ryan yesterday that says he's at the hospital. Great. For the past little while, every time he bends at the knees his right knee has been very tight. He was concerned, but we thought nothing of it. Yesterday at work he heard something pop. The doctor couldn't find anything that was torn, but after the diagnosis he guessed it was his meniscus. Ryan did some therapy and that made it hurt worse. The doctor told him to wear a brace and stay off it. He has another appointment next week. If things still feel the same he will get a scope so they can find the problem. He is still going into work, but will most likely do paperwork since he can't really walk well. Since it's a predisposed condition we'll probably end up having to pay for everything even though it happened at work. Darn. Let's hope he doesn't need surgery!

This is how I found him when I got home from work. It must be tough work, huh?

5 comments:

Bobbi Lee said...

Ouch! Knees hurt! I tore my meniscus in HS and still have issues every now and then. Hope the doc fixes him up quick. Happy Healing!

toni said...

I'm so sorry to hear about his knees. Evan and I were talking about the therapy he might need, and maybe surgery. If if ever comes to that, we know THE BEST orthoedic surgeon. If he accepts your ins, you HAVE to see him. It's worth the drive down here. Feel better Ryan. And don't be stupid, stay off it!

The Carroll's said...

Oh life is hard!! PSP whatever!

Seriously though that really stinks! I hope he feels better soon!

Stephanie said...

Poor guy! That sounds like it would have hurt!!!

David said...

I thought I tore my meniscus while I was at BYU and that was when I discovered I had not been on my dad's insurance for almost a year. I was so scared about how much it would cost. Fortunately, the physical therapist found out it was something different, but I remember how bad it hurt. I hope things work out for you, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...