- Ikea Bjurön plant glide
- 2 dozen 5-inch wooden plant markers (available at nurseries)
- 2 dozen 5-3/4-inch wooden plant markers (available at nurseries)
- 2 dozen wooden skewers (with two flat sides)
- 7-inch round mirror
- silver spray paint
- wood glue
- wooden tooth pick
- sawtooth picture hanger
- Con-Tact paper (color doesn’t matter)
- newspaper or drop cloth
- paper towel
- books that are the same thickness as the plant glide
- hammer & nail
- small sponge paint brush
- wire cutters
- pencil & ruler
- sanding block & fine sand paper
It was hard to keep the kiddos entertained and away from the cutters and sticks.
We covered the mirror with contact paper then glued it to the plant guide. After we got the wood cut to size we started gluing them on.
We gave the glue time to dry then flipped it over and got to work on the backside.
I then attached a sawtooth picture hanger on the back.
Some of the skewers fell off from transporting back to my house. So after everything was glued back on I spray painted several coats, removed the contact paper, and hung it. Because of all the pokey edges there isn't really a place to pick it up so my sister had the idea to tie some string around it and hold it that way. It was a life saver! And made hanging it a breeze. Voila!