Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Humane Society Day of Service

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to go with several of my co-workers to the Humane Society to spend a day of service. We spent all day playing with, petting, and walking the animals. It was a beautiful day and I had such a great time! I LOVE animals (we have 3 cats and would have dogs too if we could) and I'm surprised I walked out of there without adopting several. I fell in love with all of them. I was pleased to hear that adoption rate for dogs last year was 100%, and 95% for cats.(The national adoption rate is only about 25%) I took a lot of pictures. 


 This cute was huge! 
 and this cat had crazy big paws
 this one looks just like my hairy one. He loved to be brushed
 this guy had one green eye and one blue eye. Pure white, gorgeous!

 This picture doesn't do this dog justice. He was as big as a horse and came about to my hips.





 I wanted to take this little guy home SO bad. I loved playing with him!


 the "horse" again. He was the quietest, calmest dog I've ever seen. So gentle.
 See the leash in his mouth? this little baby pit bull ended up chewing right through it. He was a handful but so cute





Please, please, please adopt a pet from a shelter, they need good homes!



2 comments:

Jen and Fielding said...

SO cute. I wish I could have more animals. It kills me that they don't have someone to love them. =(

Kendra said...

I love the Humane Society! We go there often to donate food and newspapers. Today, I had to go there to take my sweet dog to be adopted because she kept trying to bite my toddler. :( I was so sad but I found a man who is going to go in and adopt her. I love the great work they do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...