Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Juggling

Both of our grandma's live in St. George along with our cousins and aunts and uncles. This last weekend we both had family events there. Ryan's sisters slept over Thursday night and Friday we hung out and went shopping. On the drive down his sister's watched 'Top Gun' while we got to listen to it. When we got to the hotel we went swimming in the nice, warm heated pool while we waiting for the rest of the family to arrive. I read 'Eclipse' while the others watched TV. (Guess what was on!? Top Gun! and they watched it again, twice). The next morning we went to my cousins wedding, then melted in the heat for pictures.
Ryan, Toni, Evan, Brian, Aubrey, Dad


Sioeli And Kanani Nau

The Nau family

We stopped by Ryan's grandma's house where the cousins were just finishing cleaning up her house and yard. We went back to the hotel and everyone went swimming while I layed in the sun to read ;) I got my first sunburn of the year on the top of my knees and right arm. (It must have been high noon) Back at the hotel I finished the book, then we went off to my cousin's luau. (She is half Polynesian and her husband is Tongan) There was lots of great food and entertainment.





beautifully decorated...




Presenting the new bride and groom!


Dancing with both parents..


Then we rushed off to Ryan's grandma's 90th birthday party. There was more food and Lot's of laughs and visiting with his cousins. After cleaning up we drove out back to the luau to help clean up then to see my aunt's new HUGE home. I switched out 'Eclipse' with 'New Moon' then we met up with Ryan's family at Fiesta Fun. We had so much fun playing arcades, mini golf, and bumper boats. We drove out for midnight Slurpee's then crashed. We went to church with my grandma, ate lunch, visited my grandpa's grave and Ryan's grandma's grave, then drove home.


Grandpa's grave

Ryan's grandma's grave

sisters
Debbie, grandma, Mom, Terry

And guess what!? Ryan asked me to read to him! I read 'New Moon' all the way home to him and even before bed that night, what a QT. He loves it. We were constantly on the run between both of our families so I wouldn't say it was a relaxing weekend, but we got a lot accomplished ;)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...