Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Walk Score

I found this really cool website. This is for all of you who are sick of gas prices and are wondering if you can downsize or walk around town instead of driving. This site helps people see if they live in a walkable neighborhood. It shows you a map of what's nearby and calculates a Walk Score. I got 62 out of 100 which means: 'Some Walkable Locations: Some stores and amenities are within walking distance, but many everyday trips still require a bike, public transportation, or car.'


It's pretty interesting. Check it out! http://www.walkscore.com

3 comments:

The Carroll's said...

I got a 5/100. is that sad or what?

Unknown said...

I believe that walk score is cool, but nowadays more and more people drive cars. Homes are often located in an area where some stablishments are easier to get to by car than on foot. I’ve recently found a type of service on http://drivescore.fizber.com/ It is called Drive Score.It shows a map of what establishments are in your neighborhood and calculates a Drive Score based on the number of places within a convenient driving distance.

Teandra said...

But I think that the idea of this website was for people that wanted to downsize and not drive their car to "convenient" places. I want to create a website called "Fly Score" and make a list of all the places that people can inconveniently fly too....don't know if I would get very many hits though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...