Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

We have work to do

3 weeks ago we went with the youth in our ward to a stake activity in Socorro. It's about an 1 hour 15 minutes south from our house, but is still in our stake boundaries. We went on a hay ride into the mountain and had a bonfire and ate hot dogs and hot chocolate. It's so fun to be around the youth but it sure makes me feel old. Also, I'm so glad I'm not 16 right now. The youth these days have it hard. I'm grateful I'm married and don't have to worry about dating and the awkwardness of it all :) 
Cool story from General Conference. Ryan came home from the Priesthood session and told me they talked about some youth in our stake. He just happened to be sitting next to the boys that were mentioned in D Todd Christofferson's talk here. Very cool. Our stake President is a screenwriter and has worked with the Brethren on several occasions around the world filming. The night before conference he got a call from D Todd Christofferson asking permission to use the story during his talk. He shared this story with us that night.

It was freezing so I broke out the winter clothes. Syd got this hat for me in Peru.




Our cats have been so snuggly with me. They love to curl up next to me in bed and whenever I sit down. I really believe they can tell I'm pregnant, it's so sweet.


1 comment:

Tara Jayne said...

The cat thing is probably because you're so much warmer incubating and all, and we all know how much cats love laying in the sun. You are the human equivalent of a sunshine spot on the carpet. But of course, the human version is the best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...