Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions

I added some of my New Year's resolutions here---->
but only some. I have many this year and my hope is if I put them on the blog I will see them more often.

1-Pay off debt
2-Save more money
3-Excercise 5 days a week
4-Morning & Night prayers
5-Read 1 book a month
6-Read book of Mormon by June 6th

Our bishop challenged the ward to read the Book of Mormon by June 6th, which is our Stake Conference. When I was growing up my Bishop did a Book of Mormon read-a-thon with the ward where we met together one weekend and read the entire Book of Mormon. They had speakers and musical numbers and plenty of snacks to keep us awake (although laying down on blankets while following along wasn't the best idea). In August 2005 President Hinckley challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, which equalled a bit more than 1 1/2 chapters a day.

This was his promise, "Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God."

I finished this challenge and because of it I believe that at this time in my life I was closer to the Spirit than ever before and my testimony grew tremendously. I had so many great experiences in college. My faith was tested and I was blessed more than ever before by the Spirit.

I am so excited for the new challenge and the spiritual growth I know it will bring.

Here's to a great start to 2010!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...