Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wall-Eeeee, Eeeeva!


Movie Review:


We had time to sneak in a movie with the fam on July 4th. I really enjoyed Wall-E. It's got a unique story and a lot of good messages. There is some controversy regarding how weight is portrayed in this film because people are carted around in floating chairs and never look away from their video monitors. Some reviewers even said: “From the first moment of the film, my kids were bombarded with leftist propaganda about the evils of mankind.” Shannen Coffin of the National Review “I looked at my wife and I said, it’s a frickin’ global warming movie, it is how we destroyed the Earth.” Glenn Beck.

In reality, this movie took a look at what's happening now to a logical conclusion-one that people should think about. It's not preachy by any means. The overweight people are nice, and the moral of the story? You can change things if you try.
Let me know what you thought of it.

5 comments:

The Godfreys said...

ki know! yay for blogging I'm finally in the real world now. you might have to help figure out how to get a cute background though. and next time you guys go to perry you should drive through the canyon to Logan and come visit us!

Jessica said...

I agree with you, I enjoyed the movie. I get annoyed when people dislike movies because of "propaganda." I am of the opinnion that you don't need to let things get to you. For example : my husband doesn't like the new Superman movie because he thinks they are trying to make Superman like Christ... arrrgh! Just don't think about it that way and it's not "that way." It's just a story and you can pull out the good morals just like you mentioned.
Sorry that was so long. That's what you get for asking me what I think. :)

Original Kos said...

I want to see this movie so bad!

The Carroll's said...

I loved this movie. The movie is first and fore-most a love story between Walle-E and Eve. The human lady when she gets knocked off the chair realizes what's she missed out on "we have a pool?" I highly recommend this movie! i loved it a lot!

Silvia and Steven said...

I really liked the movie! It was just a funny and cute love story. Nicholas really enjoyed it and Steven who is a kid at heart loved it. I think the only message i got was that we keep having/wanting new things that do things for us. And for the people who had everyhting done for them(in the movie), ended up enjoying and finding pleasure in doing things themselves. Did that make sense?? ha ha probably not when I write it. . oh well Loved the movie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...