Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Refreshment

I made cookies to bring to Aminis' house last night. Ryan was disgusted when I told him they have carrots in them, but they are really good. They taste like banana bread, or carrot cake. They're even pretty healthy, plus I used whole wheat flour, so that helps balance out the 1 C. shortening. (Or so I pretend) Don't take my word for it. Try them! They're from the Lion House Classics, so you know they're delish!

Iced Carrot Cookies
1 cup shortening

3⁄4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup cooked, mashed carrots
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup coconut

In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Add mashed carrots. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool, then ice with
Orange Frosting. Makes 4 dozen small cookies.

Orange Frosting
1 tablespoon orange juice

2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons soft margarine

In small bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until well mixed.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Hey!!! These cookies sound yummy. I really like carrot cake and banana bread, so I bet I would like them! Yeah everyone thinks that Devin is older than he really is. I am still 21, at least until July. How old are you guys?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...