Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2008

What a way to start the new year...

This morning I was getting ready to mop the floors. Ryan had put the bucket in our downstairs storage unit so I went down to get it. It still had our paint brushes and rollers in it full of water, so I decided to let him clean them out we he gets home. Walking back up to our house I tried the door and it was locked. You know that panic you get when you know you're in trouble? I checked 3 or 4 more times just to make sure. Realizing I was in my slippers and jammies, didn't have any keys or my phone with me, I thought of what to do. We don't have a spare key hidden anywhere for the car or our house. Let's see, I could call my dad, but wait, no phone. Standing on the front steps, I ran up 2 flights of stairs to my neighbors house. Luckily, she was home. Embarrassed, standing in my pjs at her front door, she kindly let me use her phone to call Ryan. Then, she drove me to the airport to get his key. Lesson learned: We need a spare key.


P.S. While I was looking in our storage unit, I realized our pad lock wasn't on the door. When I looked inside I also noticed our luggage wasn't there, and also our tent and sleeping bags were gone!!! After this whole incident I called Ryan to see if he had misplaced the pad lock. He hadn't, so I informed him we had been robbed...again!! I'm so tired of being burglarized. Maybe we can blame this one on the Association and get a new door...

1 comment:

The Leithead Family said...

Check and see if it would be worth it to file a claim with your insurance...Also check through your bylaws to see if the association has any responsibility. Probably not, but it's worth a check...Sorry. You guys are thief magnets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...