Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day!


We had a fun Valentine's Day! My gift to Ryan was a list of the top 50 reasons why I love him. Cleaning the house the other day I found tons of pictures from us in college and all the notes that Ryan had written me while we were dating. I'm so glad I kept them. We spent some time reminiscing about all the good times we had and reading over his love notes to me. (He really had me wrapped around his finger!) Ryan's gift to me won't be here until later this week... Funny story for ya. I had made reservations for 6 of us (my sisters and spouses) at The Melting Pot. We were all stoked to go because we'd never been there. We looked online at the menu and couldn't wait for the 3-course meal. We got there and the menus at our table said $69/per person! Ryan piped up and asked if there was another menu, but apparently they have set menus on Valentines Day, who knew? We love food, but none of us were about to spend $69 a person on dinner. (yet!) We swallowed our pride and walked out. Luckily it was only 4:00 so we walked down to the Olive Garden. We only had to wait about 20 minutes and then got to enjoy a nice relaxing long dinner. By the time we got out the place was packed! I was so grateful that my previous reservation was early enough that we could get in. (Hint for those of you who've made that mistake before.)

3 comments:

Bobbi Lee said...

Holy smokes, What a ripoff that they change their menu just for Valentine's. I would have walked out too! I'm glad you found another restaurant to eat at and had a happy Valentine's Day!

The Carroll's said...

Holy Cow! 69 bucks per PERSON! It should have been for 2 people. That's outrageous! Maybe you can go back on another day that isn't a holiday. WOW, I still can't believe they would charge that much.

David and I have the tradition of going to Claim Jumper's and we only spend about 50 bucks for the both of us, and oh my gosh there is so much food. We usually end up taking half of it home.

RIndi said...

Holy cow! I can't believe it was that much! And they didn't even tell anyone! Yikes. It sounds like you had a lot of fun though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...